Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Explore the true culture
Road trip Bangkok to Chiang Mai 3D2N Itinerary. This is the combination trip which you could combine the most attraction site in 3 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai Tour. The perfect trip for those who has time limit. The trip has already combine the famous site on route for you to visit from Ayutthaya old city, Ang Thong, Phitsanuloke,Sukhothai the world heritage and Lampang before reaching Chiang Mai.
Day 1: Bangkok-Ayuthaya- Nakornsawan
- 08:00am. Pick up at hotel in Bangkok
- Heading for Ayuthaya
- First visit Wat Mahathat
What are the chances that the head of a Buddha statue would be found wrapped in a Bodhi tree? This is the fantastic sight you will see at Wat Mahathat, one of the must-visit temples in Ayutthaya. The temple itself is also impressive, with many elegant Khmer-style towers. Back in the Ayutthaya Kingdom, the temple was also an important center of Buddhism, housing many precious relics found during later excavations.
- Wat Phra Si Sanphet
So beautiful is the architecture of this temple that the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew), built later in Bangkok, was modeled after it. The most striking features here are the three grand stupas which hold the ashes of three Ayutthaya kings. Constructed in 1448, it was a royal monastery of the Ayutthaya Kingdom, which held many important ceremonies of that time.
- Wat Lokayasutharam
Is an impressive and essential place for locals to pay their respects to the Buddha. There, you’ll find an enormous reclining Buddha image statue depicting the Buddha at the time of his death and entering Nirvana, the revered state of nothingness after death central to Buddhism.
- Wat Yaichaimongkol
This Buddhist temple in Ayutthaya is famous for its enormous, beautiful main chedi and reclining Buddha statue image. It was one of the most important temples of its time, and the complex is truly impressive. You can dive even deeper into its rich history and join the locals in their prayers, making your day trip to Ayutthaya a memorable one
Continue to Angthong
- Visit Wat Tha Sung or the Glass Temple. Step in the temple’s main Chapel and you will find yourself among elaborately decorated glittering hall. Every square inch inside the hall is covered with shiny glass.
- Visit the largest sitting Buddha image in Thailand at Wat Wat Muang
- Wat Khun Inthapramun the temple houses one of the largest reclining Buddha images in Thailand measuring 50 meters long. The all white image is believed to date from the Sukhothai era, about 7 centuries ago.
After lunch at local restaurant
- Continue trip to Uthaithani for Hup Pa Tat, a large valley stretching over an area of about 48,000 square meters. Part of the lime stone mountain range surrounding the valley is Khao Huai Suk which is connected to Khao Plara Mountain, about 1 kilometers away. The way up to the valley’s Tham Huo Pa Tat cave is covered by a margosa forest. The cave entrance is dark, but after 100 meters walk, you will emerge from the darkness to see the way down into the valley. The surrounding limestone mountain is layered with high cliffs that prevent sunlight from reaching the ground during any time other than midday. The resulting humidity has contributed to a wealth of flora, featuring gigantic shrubs of the genus Excoecarianin that are similar to prehistoric trees.
- Heading to Nakornsawan province and check in at the hotel
- Free and easy
- Overnight Nakornsawan province
Day 2: Nakornsawan-Phitsanulok-Sukhothai
- 08:00am. after breakfast check out hotel
- Heading to Phitsanulok
- Visit Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat Woramahawihan a Royal temple dating to the 14th century. The temple is famous for its golden Buddha image named Phra Buddha Chinnarat, considered by many to be the most beautiful Buddha image in Thailand. It is one of the most highly revered images in the country, which makes the temple an important pilgrimage site for Thai Buddhists.
- Then visit to the Folk Museum (Sgt.Maj.Thawee Folk Museum, Phitsanulok). See the collection of the daily used tools, toys and many things in the old days which now we hardly seen.
- After the museum, seeing the Buddha image foundry where produce the Buddha images from Brass and Bronze. See the method of making the Buddha images in different sizes step by step till it becomes the most beautiful Buddha images as seen.
- Lunch in the local restaurant.
- Continue trip to Sukhothai (The Dawn of Happiness) where you could enjoy with the lovely site of Sukhothai historical park.
- After the arrival, get the bike for you to bike around due to the Historical Park is a big area, visit in the historical park at Wat Prahathat, Wat Prapai Luang, Wat Trapang Ngoen and more.
- However, the highlight of the biking trip still ahead, bike out site the Historical Park and meet the biggest sitting Buddha name “Pra Atjana ”. Known by the locals as the talking Buddha which you would know how he could speak after you have seen him yourself. This is also the photo challenge for you to take a picture of him. Due to he is a big Buddha image which you could see only him in the building as we had informed that he is really big and only him that fit in the whole building.
- Dinner at local restaurant
- Overnight Sukhothai
Day 3: Sukhothai-Chiang Mai
- 08:00am. After breakfast check out hotel
- Heading to Si Satchanalai Historical Park one of Sukhothai’s vassal towns an important town in the Sukhothai Kingdom See the beautiful old architect and buildings as well as the old chedis spread in the old historical site.
- Wat Chang Lom “temple surrounded by elephants “was founded in the 14th century
- Wat Chedi Chet Thaeo “the temple with seven rows of chedis”
- Wat Nang Phaya “Monastery of the Queen”
- Wat Khao Phanom Phloeng “holy fire mountain temple”
- Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, one of the oldest temples of Si Satchanalai Historical Park.
- We can have lunch nearby
- Straight to Lampang Province, on the way you are going to visit the biggest reclining Buddha in Thai and Burmese design call ” Phra Suthon Momngkol Kiri “. The temple was built in 1974Ad.With the 30 spires of the beautiful pagoda and elaborate in Thai art design.
- Then after the arrival in Lampang province, you could enjoy the horse carriage in Lampang city area where once the Emerald Buddha stopped by and placed here for 4 years before placing in Chiang Mai (73 years). Then to Laos and now in Thailand from 1784 Ad. Now the Emerald Buddha is in the Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok.
- Then visit the local market called ” Baan Ta Market or Kard Ban Ta ” where the locals have some jungle veggies and things for sale. You would be amaze by the local food which you have never seen as well as the price which you couldn’t find in the bid supermarkets. You could also try some of them if you prefer as well.
- Heading to Chiang Mai to your hotel with safe and sound
- End of trip or you may have extended tour in Chiang Mai with us.
**The trip can change by appropriate**
✅Private tour as indicated in itinerary
✅1 night accommodation in Nakornsawan @ Hop Inn Nakhon Sawan or Similar
✅1 night accommodation in Sukhothai @ Ruean Thai Hotel or Similar
✅Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bangkok, Sukhothai
✅Experienced Driver Guide English Speaking
✅All admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
✅All transfers and taxes
Not Inclusive Of
❌Surcharge single supplement THB 1,000/night/room
❌Tour Guide (optional add on)
❌Items of a personal nature
❌Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- For children, less than 4 years old will be Free of charge
- For children 4-11 years old we charge 75% of adult price
- For children over 11 years old we charge normal price
We believe that our clients should have the freedom to determine their own food preferences, styles and tastes, so we do not pre-arrange meals at pre-set restaurants in case we guess wrong. Instead, we want to listen to you first before recommending what we feel to be the best restaurant for you.
✅Trip is a private tour with a driver English speaking and vehicle provided
✅Trip Inclusive of Accommodation with breakfast 2 Nights
✅Trip Inclusive of all admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
❌Trip not Inclusive of Meal, Alcoholic drinks, Activities, Optional tour
❌Tour Guide available upon request (English/Chinese) THB2,500/DAY
PRICE OF PRIVATE GROUP TYPE
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THAILAND DRIVER GUIDE?
Flexible & Customizable