Chiang Mai to Pai, Maehongson
a romantic and adventure route
On the 7 Days tour will start from Chiang Mai trip is combination for you to enjoy the famous site from Chiang Mai to Pai, Maehongson. During the trip from Chiang Mai,there are many different places and sites for you to see and enjoy. The trip has combine the varieties of ancient temples,lovely Thai culture and the tradition on route,the local life style in Thai’s way, Nature site as The National Park and Waterfalls such as the unseen nature of Tham Lod Cave one of the most amazing cave in Thailand. Take the long tail boat along the river to visit Baan Huay Pu Keng is another way of life that visitors can see the living conditions of the Karen people. Huay pu Keng is a community of like the original long-neck Karen hop house, from the coast to Burma in Thailand. Before the separation of water just to stay at home ground and home and long. So here is a community that is quite big and old. And continue to serve as a way of life of Karen people are very traditional. Huay Pu Keng long neck village is surrounded by jungle. There is no signal, no electricity and it’s so quiet. The people friendly and very happy to talk or be photographed, on our itinerary we stay at Ban Rak Thai is a picturesque village with fantastic scenery. The magical sunrise view of thick solemn mist covering the lake like a weighty woolen blanket slowly wafted upwards into the morning air, and more activity on the route.
This is a perfect trip which you could have from Chiang Mai to Pai, Maehongson due to the trip gives you different vision on the trip itself. You shouldn’t miss this perfect combination program 7 days 6 nights if you plan to visit in Chiang Mai Thailand
Day: 1 Arrival Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Meet and greeting at meeting point arrival hall
- Transfer to hotel for check in
- Begin your first tour at the must-see temple of Doi Suthep, enjoy the view of Chiang Mai at 3,500 feet
- Visit Bhuping Palace, enjoy walking around the Royal gardens such as the roses garden, fern garden and others along with colorful butterflies and many different species of birds.
- 06:00pm. Have A Traditional Khantoke Dinner: Experience Lanna dining with “Khantoke” or “Toke”, a round rattan tray, serving various kinds of authentic northern Thai dishes and national Thai food. As you enjoy the tasty food, you will be entertained by spectacular and fabulous classical dances from northern Thailand and from around the nation.
- 08:30pm. Back to hotel
- Overnight Chiang Mai
Day 2: Chiang Mai – Pai
- 08:00am: after breakfast, we’ll meet will you at your hotel lobby
- Heading north to the Mae Rim area. There, we will visit an Orchid Nursery and you will see a large collection of more than 50 different species of colorful exotic orchids that bloom all year-round. From there you will drive 2 hours along mountainous roads to the peaceful community of Pai.
- Along the way visit the Mok Fah waterfall and the hot springs at Pong Duad Forest Park.
- Take a mineral bath for half hour followed by lunch.
- Continue to stop at Second World War Memorial Bridge that crosses the Pai River.
- Afterwards take a journey in the picturesque flowers garden and have some coffee before you check in hotel
- After check in visit Pai Canyon for Sunset. This small but beautiful canyon is located in the center of Pai Valley. The paths here are narrow and at times steep and provide you with fantastic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Pai Night Market for dinner
- Overnight Pai
Day 3: Pai-Mae Hong Son
- 08:00am. After breakfast and check out, we will visit Baan Santichon Chinese Yunnan village to see the daily life of people and sample some teas
- Heading to Mae Hong Son
- On the way, stop at a Lisu tribal market which has a beautiful scenic viewpoint before going to the Pang Ma Pah
- Visit Lod Cave and enjoy some bamboo rafting. Nestled in the hills between Pai and Maehongson near Soppong, is Lod Cave. Also, known as Tham Lot, this cave is home to large numbers of bats and swifts and is filled with stalactites and stalagmites. In Tham Lot, and other caves nearby, teakwood coffins have been discovered which are thought to have been carved by the Lawa tribespeople thousands of years ago, an interesting feature of the Lod Cave is the Nam Lang River, which flows through it. Your trip starts by boarding a bamboo raft that takes you into the cave where you can explore 3 different caves inside. Upon exiting the cave, you will reboard the raft and where you can feed the large schools of fish that surround you. You will be given the option to purchase a local tour guide which we highly recommend. The guide will carry a gas-powered lamp that creates plenty of light for you to see and photograph the beauty of this cave.
- We can have lunch at Ban Huaihyea (กิกอคอบ้านห้วยเฮี๊ยะ)’Have a bowl of noodle at the edge of the cliff.’
- Then take 1 hour drive to Phu klon which literally means “mud source and natural mineral spring” and enjoy the feeling of the cool mud painted on your body.
Pang Ung Lake the large reservoir in Pang Ung is popular and attracts more and more visitors to come every year. Its lake view, pine leaves, beautiful mountain scenes, and hazy fog in the morning are a perfect combination for visitors who love to touch by natures. Surrounded by a verdant pine forest, the lake is beautiful in every season. Walking or Jogging along the lakeside are pleasant activities to do.
- Pang Ung sometimes is called “Switzerland in Thailand”. In the winter, sometimes the temperature drops to zero and create a thin film of ice covered flowers and plants.
If you’re looking for pure beauty and peace, we highly recommend stopping here if you can, and either staying in one of the cabins or tent camping!
- Ban Rak Thai (Mae Aw) Beautiful Tranquil Village in Mae Hong Son, the highland village sits at an elevation of 1,800 metres above sea level and enjoys a cold climate and fresh air year-round, setting on the shore of a beautiful lake set in a valley surrounded by hills, Ban Rak Thai is a picturesque village with fantastic scenery. The magical sunrise view of thick solemn mist covering the lake like a weighty woolen blanket slowly wafted upwards into the morning air.
- Check in hotel or homestay
- Overnight Baan Rak Thai Mae Hong Son
Day 4: Mae Hong Son- Mae Chaem District-Chiang-Mai
- On this day, we leave early about 06:00am.
- Depart to Mae Hong Son city
- Visit Wat Phrathat Doi Kong Mu Erected by the first governor of Mae Hong Son, this Temple reflects the strong influence of the Burmese. The highlights of this attraction are the two lavishly decorated pagodas. Also, this hilltop temple affords an exceptional aerial view of the city and surrounding mountains and valleys.
- We can have breakfast nearby
- Wat Chong Kham this old Temple It was built in 1827 by the Thai Yai craftsmanship that is both unique and beautiful this is one of the most important Temples in Mae Hong Son
- Continue to Huai Dua Port for Karenni Village
- Baan Huay Pu Keng is another way of life that visitors can see the living conditions of the Karen people. Huay pu Keng is a community of like the original long-neck Karen hop house, from the coast to Burma in Thailand. Before the separation of water just to stay at home ground and home and long. So here is a community that is quite big and old. And continue to serve as a way of life of Karen people are very traditional. Huay Pu Keng long neck village is surrounded by jungle. There is no signal, no electricity and it’s so quiet. The people friendly and very happy to talk or be photographed, the village also has a souvenir souvenirs sold to tourists as well. The Kayan women are famous for their long necks, which are stretched with heavy, tight metal rings from the child’s age. The Langohr women, on the other hand, wear heavy ear jewelry that stretches the earlobes. Also interesting is a visit to the school at the top of the village. There are several small classrooms where the children are taught in four languages: Thai, English, Karen and Burmese.
- Tung Bua Tong Doi Mae Oo Kho (famous Bua Tong Sunflower festival during winter)
Thung Buatong is a place you should never miss. Blooming in the period from November to December, you will be fascinated to see a sea of golden Mexican sunflowers (Tithonia Diversifolia) blooming along both sides of the road over the rolling hills for miles. These wild flowers, called Buatong in the northern dialect, look exactly like sunflowers but are much smaller
- Continue to Ban Pa Pong Piang Rice Terraces are one of the most photogenic spots in Thailand. Ban Pa Pong Piang (sometimes spelt as Pa Pong Pieng) is a little hamlet of rolling rice terraces nestled in the mountains of Doi Inthanon national park
- Check in Homestay
- Overnight Ban Pa Pong Piang, Mae Chaem District Chiang-Mai
Day 5: Mae Chaem District- Doi Inthanon- Chiang-Mai
- 07:00am. After breakfast, should we go Thailand’s highest mountain which is 2,565 meters above sea level.
- 08:00am. Visit Doi Inthanon national park has lots of amazing variation in its lush geography and forest. It is home to rainforest, mixed forest, and pine forest. The weather is cool throughout the year, especially in the cool season when there will be almost constant fog coverage all day and a stunning phenomenon of Mae Kha Ning or frost flower in the early morning.
- 09:30am. Hiking on the Roof of Thailand at Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail is without a doubt the most popular trail in Doi Inthanon National Park.
- 12:00pm. The two Royal Chedis, one is called Naphamethinidon, which means ‘by the strength of the land and air’. It was built in honor of the 60th birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, Rama IX in 1987. The second is called Naphaphonphumisiri, meaning ‘being the strength of the air and the grace of the land’. This chedi was built in honor of the 60th birthday of Queen Sirikit in 1992. These two chedis are very popular with local tourists and offer fine views of the mountains.
- We can have lunch nearby
- Vachirathan Waterfall
- Back to Chiang Mai
- Check in hotel
- Overnight Chiang Mai
Day 6: Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Chiang Mai
- The elephants of Thailand are famous all over the world, and there’s no better way to truly have a memorable experience with these gentle giants than a visit to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary in Chiang Mai. Spend a fulfilling day at Chiang Mai Mountain Sanctuary for an opportunity of a lifetime! and head inside for an experience you’ll never forget! Together with a small and intimate group, learn about these fantastic creatures, and how to care for them! Get a chance to make their food, groom them in a natural mud bath, and even go on a trek into the mountains, plus get a chance to learn about the elephants’ daily lives. Your day will end with a trek to a nearby river, where you can get the chance to give the lovely animals a refreshing bath, before heading back to Chiang Mai. The best part? The sanctuary is absolutely cruelty free which means no chains, no hooks, and no riding; just lots of love to give these animals all year round the perfect way to interact with elephants!
- 07:00am. Start the day with a pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai, then drive for an hour to the sanctuary, nestled in the jungles of Northern Chiang Mai.
Once you arrive at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, meet your guide and walk for 10-15 minutes through the Jungle to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. Change into traditional Karen clothing. Enjoy an introductory lesson about elephant anatomy, history, and behavior
- Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in a natural environment as you learn about their behavior and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- Enjoy a lunch of traditional Thai food and fresh fruit.
- Learn how to make herbal medicine balls, feed the Elephants and then walk with the elephants to the river. Bathe and brush the elephants.
- Join the elephants for a therapeutic mud spa. Swim in the river and take photos with the elephants.
- Change clothes and say good bye to the elephants
- Leave the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and drive approximately 1.5 hours to Chiang Mai.
- Drop at hotel in Chiang Mai
- Free and easy
- Overnight Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai- Ban Mae Kampong Village- Chiang Mai Airport(CNX)
- Ban Mae Kampong Village “Visit Very Lovely Village with Green Scenery
- 08:00am. After check out hotel heading to Ban Mae Kampong It is a village that produces coffee and tea as the main occupation. Especially the tea that the villagers took It was made into local products such as tea leaf pillows for sale. A small village in the valley where the villagers live Living together simply and a homestay-style eco-tourism in Chiang Mai at the tourists Popular to travel continuously and then take everyone to visit the Terrace View coffee shop. Popular coffee shop in Mae Kampong village, everyone who come to Mae Kampong village must not miss this shop. Because this shop has a cool photo corner That can see the view of Mae Kampong village as well
- Visit the Kantha Phruksa Temple or Mae Kampong Temple at this temple that has an overwater chapel It is an old and peaceful temple. With ancient Lanna architecture There is a temple made of teak wood and the whole house is carved in exquisite patterns. And is also a temple of Mae Kampong village
- Lunch at the restaurant on Mae Kampong
- Continue to San kamphaeng Road, also known as the ‘Handicraft Highway’ a 10km stretch of road where you will find outlets famous for their pottery, silverware, lacquerware, sculpting, wood carving and silk products. The area is especially famous for its pottery which is known as Celadon, it has a green glaze which in turn makes it look like Jade, there are several outlets on this road where you can pick these up. Not many know but Chiang Mai is famous for some of the best silverware in Thailand
- Back to Chiang Mai Airport return flight home safe and sound
- End of trip
**The trip can change by appropriate**
✅Private tour as indicated in itinerary
✅3-night accommodation in Chiang Mai @ Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai or Similar
✅1 night accommodation in Pai @ Baan Krating Pai Resort or Similar
✅1 night accommodation in Banrakthai @ Chasa Rakthai Resort or similar
✅1 night accommodation in Ban Pa Pong Piang @ Baan Rabiang Na Homestay or Similar
✅Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Chiangmai
✅Experienced Driver Guide English Speaking
✅All admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
✅All transfers and taxes
Not Inclusive Of
❌Surcharge single supplement THB 1,000/night/room
❌Tour Guide (optional add on)
❌Items of a personal nature
❌Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- For children, less than 4 years old will be Free of charge
- For children 4-11 years old we charge 75% of adult price
- For children over 11 years old we charge normal price
We believe that our clients should have the freedom to determine their own food preferences, styles and tastes, so we do not pre-arrange meals at pre-set restaurants in case we guess wrong. Instead, we want to listen to you first before recommending what we feel to be the best restaurant for you.
✅Trip is a private tour with a driver English speaking and vehicle provided
✅Trip Inclusive of Accommodation with breakfast 6 Nights
✅Trip Inclusive of all admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
❌Trip not Inclusive of Meal, Alcoholic drinks, Activities, Optional tour
❌Tour Guide available upon request (English/Chinese) THB2,500/DAY
PRICE OF PRIVATE GROUP TYPE
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THAILAND DRIVER GUIDE?
Flexible & Customizable