Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai Discovery
THE BEST OF NORTH THAILAND
Experience Thailand’s famous Golden Triangle on a 5-day tour cultural tour from Chiang Mai. this trip covered highlights in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. You would see the local life, nature which not very often you would have a chance to stay overnight in Chiang Dao. Explore hilltribe villages and sip tea at a Chinese teahouse in Doi Mae Salong Wander through the caves of Chiang Dao National Park and head down the Khong River on a long-tail boat Learn about the opium trade at the Hall of Opium museum exhibit Soak in the hot springs of Mae Ka Chan also includes a visit to Doi Mae Salong, a hillside village steeped in Chinese history, get more benefit on your journey with private tour. Experience local food for your dinner
Day: 1 Arrival Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Meet and greeting at meeting point arrival hall
- Transfer to hotel for check in
- Begin your first tour at the must-see temple of Doi Suthep, enjoy the view of Chiang Mai at 3,500 feet
- Visit Bhuping Palace, enjoy walking around the Royal gardens such as the roses garden, fern garden and others along with colorful butterflies and many different species of birds.
- 06:00pm. Have A Traditional Khantoke Dinner: Experience Lanna dining with “Khantoke” or “Toke”, a round rattan tray, serving various kinds of authentic northern Thai dishes and national Thai food. As you enjoy the tasty food, you will be entertained by spectacular and fabulous classical dances from northern Thailand and from around the nation.
- 08:30pm. Back to hotel
- Overnight Chiang Mai
Day 2: Chiang Mai- Chiang Rai
- 07:30am. Pick up from your hotel and then drive to Chiang Rai.
- Stop at Maekhajan Hot Spring and enjoy some coffee while you soak your feet
- Visit Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) As one of the most unique and somewhat bizarre destinations in Southeast Asia, the White Temple in Chiang Rai province is a place you should not miss on your trip to Thailand!
- Baan Dam Museum (Black House museum), which houses dark, amazing arts collection.
- Visit Wat Rong Suae Ten or The Blue temple, this is another stunning temple unlike any other in Thailand, check out the gorgeous blue exterior and interior.
Move on to Wat Huay Pla Kung, famous for its massive white statue of Guanyin, the goddess of mercy and compassion, as well as its 9-storey pagoda. Stand in awe of the statue and the two white dragons flanking it. Marvel at the Chinese-Lanna fusion architecture and design.
- Check in hotel in Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Night market
- Overnight Chiang Rai
Day 3: Chiang Rai- Mae Sai-Golden Triangle- Doi Mae Salong
- 08:00am. after breakfast pick up from hotel in Chiang Rai
- Visiting one of the numerous Karen Long Neck villages in Thailand is one of the most exotic experiences on the planet. The mystery and beauty that sound the tradition of using brass rings for exaggerated jewelry is something better seen in person than in a book.
- Visit hill tribe’s village see Karen long neck, Akha and Karen big earsChoui Fong Tea Plantation is one of the biggest tea producers in the city of Chiang Rai, situated at the top of a hill with a bird’s eye view of the surrounding fields. There is a tea shop and restaurant on site with expansive views over the rolling hills and mountains in the distance. It is a modern, clean, and intricately designed building with a terrace and huge windows opening out onto the scenery. There are numerous open fields to wander through and a menu with a diverse tea selection to choose from.
- Tum Luang-Khun Naam Naang Norn Forest Park
In this park is the cave made famous by the Wild Boars football team who became stuck inside for 2 weeks prompting an international effort to get them out safely.
Continue to Mae Sai is the northernmost city of Thailand.
Back to Golden Triangle
- The Golden Triangle is the area where the borders of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar meet at the confluence of the Ruak and Mekong rivers.
- Lunch @ local Thai food restaurant nearby
- After lunch take the boat crossing Maeklong River to Laos
- House of Opium (Museum) A small museum in the Golden Triangle tells the story of the opium drug trade that gripped Northern Thailand.
- On this day, we’ll stay at Doi Mae Salong
- Doi Mae Salong is the site of Santi Khiri Village, a community settled by the former Chinese 93rd Division who moved from Myanmar to reside on Thai territory in 1961. The village became well known for its enchanting scenery and tranquil atmosphere. Today it is a major tourist attraction with its small-town ambience, delicious native Chinese dishes, small hotels and guesthouses catering to visitors and tea, coffee and fruit tree plantations. The scenery is especially picturesque in December and January when sakuras are in full bloom. Scattered with many hill tribe villages
- Check in hotel in Doi Mae Salong
- Dinner local night market
- Overnight Doi Mae Salong
Day 4: Doi Mae Salong- Chiang Dao
- We will drive to the great Thaton Temple, a sprawling Buddhist temple complex located in the forested hills near Thailand’s border with Myanmar, sits overlooking the village of Ban Thaton and the Mae Kok River. The complex of pagodas, temples, stupas, and shrines is built on nine levels, offering stunning views over the surrounding countryside.
Take a break at Hinoki Land the Japanese town
- Next stop will be Chiang Dao Cave where you can explore the temple that lies within and the beautiful stalactites and stalagmites that took millions of years’ form.
After that we will travel to the villages of the Akha and Lisu hill tribes through forests along hilly paths to the Palong tribal’s village where you will spend the night.
- After a delicious Thai dinner, you can enjoy traditional songs and dances performed by the children around a camp fire.
The overnight stay will be in basic bamboo hut, but still comfortable.
- Overnight Ban Luang Mueang Khong Chiang Dao
Day 5: Chiang Dao-Chiang Mai
- In morning, you will enjoy the relaxed atmosphere with your submersion into the Palong’s traditional ways and simple life.
- Check out and say goodbye
Back to Chiang Mai Airport return flight home. or you may have extended stay in Chiang Mai
- End of trip
**The trip can change by appropriate**
✅Private tour as indicated in itinerary
✅14 nights’ accommodation with ABF as indicated in itinerary
✅Experienced Driver Guide English Speaking
✅All admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
✅National Park entrance fees
✅All transfers and taxes
Not Inclusive Of
❌Surcharge single supplement THB 1,000/night/room
❌Tour Guide (optional add on)
❌Items of a personal nature
❌Meals: Lunch, Dinner
❌Any services non-mentioned in the itinerary
- For children, less than 4 years old will be Free of charge
- For children 4-11 years old we charge 75% of adult price
- For children over 11 years old we charge normal price
We believe that our clients should have the freedom to determine their own food preferences, styles and tastes, so we do not pre-arrange meals at pre-set restaurants in case we guess wrong. Instead, we want to listen to you first before recommending what we feel to be the best restaurant for you.
✅Trip is a private tour with a driver English speaking and vehicle provided
✅Trip Inclusive of Accommodation with breakfast 4 Nights
✅Trip Inclusive of all admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
❌Trip not Inclusive of Meal, Alcoholic drinks, Activities, Optional tour
❌Tour Guide available upon request (English/Chinese) THB2,500/DAY
PRICE OF PRIVATE GROUP TYPE
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THAILAND DRIVER GUIDE?
Flexible & Customizable