While Bangkok has many impressive temples and wats to visit, a popular side-trip from the Thai capital is into the neighboring country of Cambodia, to the spectacular Angkor Wat. The journey will take about a day (road trip) but if you’re interested in seeing the largest religious monument in the world, the trip is well worth it. Angkor Wat was originally constructed as a Hindu temple of the god Vishnu, for the Khmer Empire from the 12th century, and, towards the end of that century it was gradually transformed into a Buddhist temple. Today, Angkor Wat remains a very important temple complex, famous for its Khmer architecture. It is the main tourist attraction for the country and appears on Cambodia’s national flag, so if you have the opportunity to travel from Bangkok to Angkor Wat, we highly recommend it.
One day trip private tour from Bangkok visit Angkor Wat The Most Ancient Seven Wonders of The World, Tour brings you the best of the Angkor Archeological Site. Visit Angkor Thom, the jungle temple Ta Prohm and the most famous Angkor Wat with our certified local tour guides.
- 04:00am.pick up from hotel in Bangkok
- Heading to Poi Pet Cambodia Border
- 07:00am.approx,arrive Aranyaprathet Thailand Border
- Poi Pet Cambodia Border (Custom checking
- 08:30am. Depart for Siem Reap City (150Km)
- 11:00am. Approx., arrive Siem Reap Cambodia
- Drop @ The Angkor Ticket Office (Angkor Enterprise) is the only place where you can purchase entrance tickets for the Angkor Archaeological Park
After get you’re The Angkor Ticket one day pass
- First visit Ta Prohm Temple One of the most famous temples in Angkor, the Ta Prohm is known for the huge trees and the massive roots growing out of its walls. The jungle temple also featured in the adventure movie “The tomb raider” The Ta Prohm was build during the last decades of the 12th century by King Jayavarman VII. Where the older Angkor temples were Hindu temples dedicated to Shiva and Vishnu, the Ta Prohm is a Buddhist temple, as King Jayavarman VII was a follower of Mahayana Buddhism. The King dedicated the temple to his mother.
- Baphuon Temple: The Baphuon is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia. It is located in Angkor Thom, northwest of the Bayon. Built in the mid-11th century, it is a three-tiered temple mountain built as the state temple of Udayadityavarman II dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva. It is the archetype of the Baphuon style. The temple adjoins the southern enclosure of the royal palace and measures 120 metres east-west by 100 metres north-south at its base and stands 34 meters tall without its tower, which would have made it roughly 50 meters tall.
- Bayon: The Bayon is a well-known and richly decorated Khmer temple at Angkor in Cambodia. Built in the late 12th or early 13th century as the official state temple of the Mahayana Buddhist King Jayavarman VII the Bayon stands at the centre of Jayavarman’s capital, Angkor Tho.The Bayon’s most distinctive feature is the multitude of serene and smiling stone faces on the many towers which jut out from the upper terrace and cluster around its central peak. The temple is known also for two impressive sets of bas-reliefs, which present an unusual combination of mythological, historical, and mundane scenes.You will arrive via the South Gate, an impressive stone gate carved with Elephants and 4 giant faces. On each side is a row of 54 gods or demons holding the sacred Naga snake.
- Angkor Wat: Angkor Wat is a temple complex in Cambodia and the largest religious monument in the world, on a site measuring 162.6 hectares (1,626,000 m2; 402 acres). It was originally constructed as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu for the Khmer Empire, gradually transforming into a Buddhist temple towards the end of the 12th century. It was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century in Yaśodharapura, the capital of the Khmer Empire, as his state temple and eventual mausoleum. Breaking from the Shaiva tradition of previous kings, Angkor Wat was instead dedicated to Vishnu. As the best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centre since its foundation.
Angkor Wat combines two basic plans of Khmer temple architecture: the temple-mountain and the later galleried temple. It is designed to represent Mount Meru, home of the devas in Hindu mythology
- 04:00pm. approx., Depart for Bangkok Thailand
- 06:30pm. arrive Poi Pet Cambodia Border *will be Poipet before 07:00pm*
- 07:30pm. Welcome back to Thailand
- After customs checking heading back to Bangkok
- 10:00pm. Approx ,arrive Bangkok safe and sound
- End of trip
***The trip can change by appropriate***
✅ Private tour and experienced driver guide English speaking
✅ Air-conditioned vehicle, Fuel costs, Toll fees
✅ Angkor Wat Site entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
✅ All transfers and taxes
✅ Reliable services
Not Inclusive Of
❌Visa fees $30 (visa on arrival, please bring 1 of your recent passport-size photo to visit your ❌Cambodia visa). South-East Asian passport holders do not require a Cambodian visa: www.evisa.gov.kh/ContactInformation.aspx
❌Meals: Lunch or Dinner.
❌Items of a personal nature.
❌Tips or Gratuities to guides or drivers.
❌Personal expenses such as drinks, insurance, tips for driver, etc.
❌Other service not mentioned on this program.
- For children, less than 4 years old will be Free of charge
- For children 4-11 years old we charge 75% of adult price
- For children over 11 years old we charge normal price
We believe that our clients should have the freedom to determine their own food preferences, styles and tastes, so we do not pre-arrange meals at pre-set restaurants in case we guess wrong. Instead, we want to listen to you first before recommending what we feel to be the best restaurant for you.
✅Trip is a private tour with a driver English speaking and vehicle provided
✅Trip Inclusive of all admission fees and tickets as indicated in itinerary
❌Trip not Inclusive of Alcoholic drinks, Activities, Optional tour, Personal expenses
❌Tour Guide available upon request (English/Chinese) $100 USD/DAY
PRICE OF PRIVATE GROUP TYPE
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THAILAND DRIVER GUIDE?
Flexible & Customizable